Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Little Thunder for Breakfast

Jack woke me up before 6 this morning.  That gave me a lot of time to spend with just him and his adorable silliness (trust me, I did NOT find him adorably silly when he came shuffling into my room...)

As we were eating breakfast outside, he was a constant stream of conversation as usual, only requiring or even allowing the most basic of responses from me - yep, oh really? you're kidding! uh huh...

The thoughts that come out as words in his mouth are really something special.  Almost worth waking up early with just him to hear a couple hours worth with no distraction.

Like this morning when he opened up his bagel, peeked inside, and, with wide eyes said, "Oh no!  There's thunder in there!  Can you see it with your ears?  It's thunder!  Remember the thunder outside?  And I ran away?  I ran inside and watched previews!"

He does love/hate thunder and he does love to talk about it.  I do remember many thunder stories involving Jack, but I am somehow forgetting the time he ran away from it to watch previews...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...