Wednesday, March 30, 2011

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go

Ever since I told my boys that we were going to California for spring break, they have been making preparations. What kid doesn't love vacation? What mom doesn't love vacation, for that matter?

I decided that since I am traveling with all three of them on my own, I would get them their own little suitcases that they can manage themselves so I won't have to haul all the luggage myself. Mitchell helped me pick out one for each big boy, and even if we weren't going on vacation, these cute little suitcases have been one of the best purchases I have made in a long time! The boys LOVE them! As soon as we got them home, they packed up all their bedtime necessities and swimsuits and were ready to go! (I would perhaps disappoint you if I didn't mention that Mitchell, of course, also packed a soap dispenser, his skeleton pajamas, and his entire doctor kit.) I had to keep reminding them that we still have weeks to go.

Learning they have to wait weeks until we leave was a bit of a bummer for them, but, like kids do, they got over it quickly and just made a game out of packing. We have played "vacation" daily now since we brought those suitcases home. Couches have turned into airplanes, I keep getting buzzed to bring snacks and drinks, Jack's bedroom transformed into the beach, the bathtub is the pool... and always the suitcases go with them everywhere this game takes them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...