Monday, March 14, 2011

He Knows What's Important

My Jack is taking his time, choosing his first words carefully. I can tell he is really putting some thought into it and mentally weighing his options here - what he chooses will forever be remembered, right? I am please to announce that he officially has a "vocabulary" now. I bet you are dying to hear what it consists of, am I right? Get ready. His deliberation and thought has clearly paid off and he has chosen wisely:

Daddy
Doggy (or more precisely, Gog gog)
Bibi (his little blankie)
Shoe (pronounced "shooooo")
NO!

While he occasionally busts out with a new word here and there, these are the only four consistent ones. The rest of his communication is accomplished through a complex system of grunts, pointing, head nodding or shaking, and various levels and pitches of whiney noises.

I just have to say though, that his "no" should count for a few words. This kid clearly understands the meaning of the word. He has a firm "NO!" when Mitchell tries to take a toy from him. He has a whiney, drawn-out "noooooo" for when I try to feed him an undesirabl
e item. He has a playful "no no no!" when I snatch his "bibi" from him and hide it. He has a desperate "I don't have the words to tell you how frustrated and tired I am right now NO!" when I am just not doing what he wants me to do or can't figure out what in the world he wants.

Anyways, he's quite a tough little cookie who loves his dad, loves any and every dog perhaps even more, can't do without his precious blankie, is constantly putting on everyone's shoes, and somehow hasn't realized he even has a mommy yet.


1 comment:

  1. Grandma Kathy says; I love the picutre of Jack above holding tight to his blankie. I'm sure he knows he has a mother, but you're always there, so he doesn't have to call for you by name! I think it's kind of sad that kids almost always say "daddy" long before they say "mommy." Apparently the sounds for daddy are easier to say.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...