Friday, January 20, 2012

Princesses

What is the opposite of a boy? A princess, of course!

Ever since Christmas when my nieces were here with their little princess dollies, Jack has decided there are two sexes: boys and princesses.

Jack saw me in a dress the other day and said with wide eyes, "Mommy! You're a princess!"

He saw a little girl with long hair at the park yesterday and pointed her out to me saying, "See that princess there, mom?"

What convinced me that he truly is substituting the word "princess" for "girl" though, was today after insisting on keeping me company while peeing. He said, "Mommy, you got no penis! Must be princess!"

So I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to tell me I am pretty like a princess or that my hair was beautiful or that I exuded a certain regal "princess-ness." He was just pointing out that because I am not a boy like everyone else around here, I must be a princess.

1 comment:

  1. Wells will be all over that - she is the epitome of princess!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...