Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Knew It!

Jack confirmed one of my fears this morning as I attempted to do a little workout in my living room.  

Matt had my car today and the weather was too cold and snowy to walk to the gym, so I improvised at home.  Now since I no longer have a chunk of my day to myself at home due to different school schedules and only one napper, I had to do this while Jack was up and ready to play.

It began fairly well; I wasn't going to go too crazy in my living room and I didn't anticipate it taking more than 20 minutes or so, so I got Jack some Cheerios and a cup of milk and set him up in the corner of my living room with some of his favorite books, hoping he'd basically ignore me.

Well, it just so happens that one of my chosen exercises was one of the most ridiculous ones as well - one I usually skip at the gym, sure that everyone around me is watching and either wondering what in the world I am up to or outright laughing at me.  It only took one of these to get Jack's full attention and he burst out laughing at me!  I knew I looked silly!  I just knew it!  

It was all over from there.  I managed to actually finish my workout, but he laughed at me the whole time.  He was so entertained, in fact, that he did the unheard of - left his snack unfinished - and tried to join in, laughing all along the way.  I don't know how Matt does push-ups with all three boys on his back.  I can hardly do it with Jack, but he insisted I try!  Leg lifts are impossible with a 30 lb baby sitting on your legs, and I he stood directly in front of me while I did my squats, kissing me (or slobbering on me, whichever way you want to look at it) each time I came down to his level.  

I did manage to get everything done and it was pretty fun to hear so much laughing from him, even if it was at my expense.  All the same though, I think I prefer going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...