Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Boombox, Blizzard, and Beer

I woke up late this morning to a winter wonderland of snow.  Although later than I usually wake up, there was not a soul stirring outside and there was not one track in the deep snow on the street.  School was closed and my neighborhood was very quiet.  

As I sipped my coffee and enjoyed the falling snow, thankful I didn't have to go out in it, a faint noise from outside captured my attention.  It sounded like music and it was getting slowly louder as I listened.  The site that greeted me as I looked out my window made me laugh out loud.  

There was a man walking (or marching in snow up to his thighs) down the middle of the street, carrying a boom box on his shoulder with the classic rock station blaring.  In his other hand, he held a 24oz can of beer.  He was the only moving thing outside and he was clearly enjoying his morning.   I wish I had taken a picture...

Thanks, beer drinking boom box man for beginning my day with a laugh!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...