Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Neighborhood Looks Like A Garage Sale

The boys and I are enjoying an unusual sight since the storm last week. There are pieces of furniture all over the streets! As I drive down my block, I see all sorts of pieces set up along side the street: chairs, dressers, small tables, large children's toys, even an ironing board!



I guess when it takes you over an hour to dig out your car from the snow bank suddenly burrying it, you want everyone to know that is your spot! As I have a garage and don't have to worry about which piece of my furniture to expose to the elements, I don't know how respected this "dibs" idea is. Does putting a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe in your parking spot after you leave for work really hold it for you all day? Do other drivers respect this rule? What about an ironing board? If you needed a spot to park and the only thing between you and the only spot you could find was an ironing board, would you move it?

1 comment:

  1. They are fining people who do this in Philly, like $300 or something like that. But I think moving someones ironing board and stealing their spot sounds like a good way to get an ironing board thrown through your windshield, so if you need an ironing board more than a windshield, I say go ahead and move it.

    -Carl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...