Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sneaky Sneaky

If I had to pick which one of my boys is the sneakiest, you can rest assured that Ben would not be the first to come to mind. I wouldn't actually call any of them "sneaky," but Mitchell does enjoy attempting to jump out and scare me (and has actually succeeded a time or two - remember my hair-drying story?)

So I was fairly surprised the other day when Ben brought up the subject of my squeaky step. This is how the conversation went down:

Ben: Hey mom, did you know we have one squeaky step on the stairs?
Me: Yes, but I didn't realize you did.
Ben: Oh yeah, I know exactly which step it is because when I'm sneaking around, I know to step over that step. It is so squeaky! If I step on it, you would know I was coming in an instant!
Me: Why are you sneaking around?
Ben: Oh you know, sometimes I just need to get around without anyone knowing where I am.
Me: Really?
Ben: Sure! I'm getting pretty sneaky, you know...

Hmm... I had better step up my game a bit here or I am going to have two boys jumping out at me from around corners, under tables, behind couches, and, apparently, down well-navigated stairs too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...