Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Love You, Dad!

Seems like once you have your own kids, Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day becomes more about one's spouse than their actual mother or father.  I know little ones need help planning special things for their mommies and daddies, so that is understandable, but I wanted to take a moment to let my own dad know how much I love and appreciate him.  After all, that is what Fathers' Day is about!

Here are some of my favorite memories of you as a dad when I was a little one myself:

- stories long into the night about your own childhood.  You told the best stories and they were worth being tickled to death and squished down the crack between my bed and the wall for!
- teaching me to waterski.  you must have been drug around in the water for miles until I finally got it
- sitting on your lap while driving the motor-home on vacations
- waking up to your crazy choices of Sunday morning wake-up music (ZZ Top and Bohemian Rhapsody were among your favorites)
- being "quizzed" after both church and after-dinner devotions to make sure we were paying attention
-helping me with me school clothes shopping.  Who else's dad loved to shop like mine?
- making enormous fruit salads

There are so many wonderful memories that I will not mention, but I will end by saying that I think you were and are a great dad who loves his children and has always tried his hardest to do what is best for them.  You are loving, funny, creative, strong, and intelligent.  I love you, Dad!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...