Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's All in the Eyes

Mitchell and I were playing a game tonight and his dinosaur was pretending to be mean to me so I pretended to be sad about it - I thought I was doing a pretty decent forlorn expression, but apparently Mitchell was not fooled.  He looked at me and said, "Mom, you don't look sad because you don't have sad enough eyes!"  

I get that kind of thing a lot from both my big boys - that my eyes are saying something they either like or dislike.  To be honest, I think eyes always look the same and it is the whole facial expression that shows the emotion, but my boys sometimes ask me not to have "mean eyes" or tell me they know I'm joking because I have "laughing eyes," or they know when I'm in a bad mood because of my "sad eyes."  Ben even told me once he thought I should take a nap because I had "tired eyes."  I am so glad we spend enough time together that they know me by my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...